We are currently looking for a Mate to join our Marine department.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing exterior/interior maintenance, stewarding and guest services. This position is not live-aboard while at home port. During cruising season, Mates work 2 - 3 week assignments in the islands.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide silver service dining to guests, including setting table, polishing silver, crystal and flatware, serving meals butler-style, proper presentation and serving of wines, liquors and other specialty drinks.
- Maintain interior housekeeping, including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, detailing and laundry service for guest staterooms (bedding, towels, etc.)
- Work with chef & interior officer to determine meal service for guests and assist with food preparation, table set up, service and galley clean-up.
- Assist with maintaining and caring for valuable interior items & surfaces, such as artwork, china, crystal, linens, woodwork, marbles, etc.
- Assist with product itemization, procurement and inventory management.
- Provide crew support on exterior of vessel as needed.