We are looking for a Facilities Planner that will be responsible for all aspects of the assigned office planning activity including interior design, associate moves, remodels, reconfigurations, and renovations. This individual works as liaison for intercompany business unit representatives, furniture providers, architects, contractors, and intercompany service providers to ensure the incorporation and communication of all aspects affecting the successful delivery of a project.
Projects will vary in size and scope and therefore the Facilities Planner is expected to deliver a variety of projects at any one time. The associate in this position is expected to meet and serve the needs of our business units in a creative, professional, and efficient manner which will lead to the best corporate working environments.
- Provide interior design services for corporate offices to include space planning, furniture selection and finish selections.
- Coordinate with professional design firms and industry leaders in the development of office space and systems furniture standards.
- Participate as the office workplace representative in all short term and long range office planning efforts. Organize and manage implementation of new office renovations, reconfigurations, and furniture & finish installations.
- With support from upper management, deliver all projects successfully to d1e customer while minimizing risks. This includes issues such as safety risk assessments, ensuring proper authorizations have been received prior to expending cost, and ensuring proper coordination with the internal departments.
- Establish the program and scope of the project, addressing all aspects including but not limited to business requirements, performance specifications, planning, cost, interdependencies, EH&S, procurement and legal approvals.
- Develop the preliminary design for approvals. Responsible for all design management of suppliers, vendors, and contractors.
- Requires that the milestones in the project schedule be tracked and met, the design completed to meet performance specifications, budget developed to meet financial requirements, and fu1al approval from business unit.
- Ensures that the project is implemented in accordance with the design and ensures a timely response to questions related to field condition. Monitors progress against d1e schedule and takes corrective action where necessary. Works with all parties to ensure prompt and accurate information is provide to all members of d1e project team.
- Holds vendors and contractors accountable to adhere to highest standards of workmanship and performance. Ensures all punch list work is completed in a timely manner and that it does not interfere with the client's ability to occupy the space on time. Reviews and approves payment to vendors and contractors after verification that work was completed and product installed.
- Provides leadership to business units in all aspects of interior design, space planning, and reconfigurations with proven skills, experience and knowledge in open office furniture system products, finishes, installation requirements and specifications. Must be able to direct all work with furniture and coordinate move vendors to ensure work is completed in accordance with expectations.
- Organize and attend structured project update meetings ensuring accurate documentation throughout the course of the project.
- Ensure pre-established department closeout procedures are adhered to including proper final payment requirements.
- Complete required professional course work to maintain Interior Design licensi